Update November 6, 2015:

Announcing I-CAN!™ E-File’s Partnership with TaxACT

Legal Aid Society of Orange County (LASOC) and I-CAN! E-File have enjoyed helping taxpayers file their taxes for the past 10 years. Unfortunately, LASOC did not receive the funding necessary to be able to sustain and/or provide its I-CAN! E-File self-preparation tax module to taxpayers past the 2011 tax season.

We want to thank you and tell you how much we have appreciated having you as a loyal I-CAN! E-File user. Thank you for trusting us to help you with your tax filing needs when you had many options available to choose from.

In an effort to provide our loyal users with an alternative tax preparation resource, we are pleased to announce our partnership with TaxACT again for the 2015 tax season.

I-CAN! E-File has partnered with TaxACT to enable taxpayers to prepare and e-file simple Federal tax returns and state returns completely free (1040-EZ and 1040A). More complex returns are available for a small fee (1040, itemizing deductions, homeowners, contractors, etc).

To take advantage of this offer to file Federal and state taxes online for free, please click and follow this link to TaxACT: www.taxact.com

(If the link does not appear for you, copy this link and paste it to your browser's address bar and hit the "Enter" key. This link allows TaxAct to track clicks and referrals to their site: http://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/22221-218255-49117-1
You can also go directly to http://www.taxact.com.)

If you have any questions regarding this partnership with TaxACT, email us at the following address: help@icanefile.org

We look forward to expanding services to you this tax season through this great partnership!


I-CAN! E-File & Legal Aid Society of Orange County

If you are looking for help filling out your court forms, go to I-CAN! Legal. If you want help preparing California court forms, you can go to I-CAN! Legal California.

If you are looking for a copy of a return that you e-filed through I-CAN! E-file, while your prior year returns are no longer accessible through I-CAN!, the IRS also keeps copies on file for a period of time. You can request a Tax Return Transcript by calling the IRS at 1-800-908-9946 or by using this online application: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript.